JAVA Software Engineer
Duties will include:
Participate in custom enterprise application development and maintenance for large corporations both within Asia and worldwide.
- Participate in the software development life cycle.
- Perform system analysis and design, testing and documentation.
- Perform unit testing and system integration testing.
- Maintain and support application post-implementation activities.
- Ensure timely delivery of assigned tasks.
- Any other tasks assigned as required.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Experience:
- Good English communication skills – both written and oral.
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated.
- Ability to work together with other software engineers in a team environment.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to see a task through from assignment to completion with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work efficiently to meet tight deadlines.
- Progressive Web programming experience.
- Knowledge of object-oriented design in an n-tier secure internet and/or intranet platform.
- Technical Expertise in (for engineer positions):
- Front-end Web development experience utilizing current web tools, technologies and methods
- Adobe Flex/Flash
- Web Services (SOAP, WSDL)
- XML Savvy
- Relational Database and SQL
- Websphere / Tomcat
- Technical Expertise in (for senior positions):
- Development under a define framework
- Demonstrable knowledge of Web application deployment on production level Web Server farms in a multi-tier infrastructure
- Experience with secure application integration including Authentication, Certificates, SSL and LDAP
- Experience in implementing source control backup and recovery procedures
- Ability to leverage technical skills to guide development team to isolate and solve web site related issues and technical roadblocks
- Experience working with, extending and integrating Content Management Solutions
- Knowledge of the Agile Development life cycle