Mainframe Software Engineer
A related Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
Duties will include:
- Analysis of task business and functional requirements
- Program coding and preparation of run scripts for mainframe based Core application according to specifications.
- Testing of system components
- Documentation of programs, program changes and operational procedures
- Individual responsibility & accountability for task tracking, task reporting & completion to deadline
- Investigation of production problems and to recommend solutions
- Occasional second level production support
- Monitor and provide development / UAT batch support
- Occasional international travel to client sites within Asia Pacific countries may be required.
- Anti-social working hours may occasionally be necessary when performing application production support.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Experience:
- Good English communication skills – both written and oral
- Enthusiastic and self motivated
- Ability to work together with other software engineers in a team environment
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to see a task through from assignment to completion with minimal supervision
- Ability to work efficiently to meet tight deadlines
- IBM S/370, S/390, Z-Series
- Assembler language, COBOL, CICS
- IBM MVS operating system and TSO/ISPF development environment
- Job control language and associated utilities
- A knowledge of financial / insurance industry is added advantage
- A good knowledge of numbering systems, binary, hexadecimal
- A good knowledge of Boolean logic & algebra